A look at the silverado truck used in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy

By Matt Zapotosky and John Wagner The Associated PressWASHINGTON (AP) The silverado, the truck used to carry President John Kennedy’s body, has been found in a Texas field and police say they’re investigating a possible conspiracy to cover up the case.

The silverado was found on the property of a farmer who owned a trucking business in southern Texas, police said in a news release Monday.

A law enforcement official said the truck was parked in the same spot where police believe it was stolen in December and the vehicle had been there since.

The truck was originally believed to have been stolen in January, but that was never confirmed.

Police say the silverada is a rare combination of two cars: a silver car, with a silver body, and a gray truck.

It’s a silver truck with the body of a silver sedan.

A person of interest in the case is still on the loose, and police haven’t yet released a motive.

It was not immediately clear if the vehicle was driven by an accomplice or if the two were working together.

The silverada was found Monday.

The Silverado truck was stolen from the farm in October 2001.

It is registered to an unidentified man, and was recovered in April 2002, police told the Associated Press.

A man identified as John T. Fink, a former executive of the silver car dealership, was arrested in Dallas on charges of drug trafficking, drug trafficking conspiracy and drug conspiracy to commit murder in December.

He was extradited to Texas in December 2013.

Fink’s attorney declined to comment.

In November 2002, Fink was sentenced to life in prison without parole for his role in the killing of President Lyndon Johnson.

He also received a death sentence for the death of Lee Harvey Oswald, who killed Johnson.

The two men were convicted of conspiracy to kill Johnson.

Kennedy was shot in the head on Nov. 22, 1963, and survived, but was badly wounded.

His body was found in the backseat of his car in Dallas the following day.

A second man, Lee Harvey Weinstein, was also arrested and later died in a Dallas hospital.